WHAT'S IN MY TODDLER BAG
FTC Disclaimer: This is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own. I only work with brands I truly and genuinely use and love. Thank you for supporting House of Dorough.
As much as it pains me to say this, I no longer have a little baby - I have a full blown toddler and that means the game has officially changed. The things I need for her when we leave the house are much different than they used to be.
Most of the time, I only need a few things but it depends on how long we will be gone, where we are going, etc. But for this purpose, I'm going to show you what I pack for a long afternoon out and about.
1. SUNSCREEN - This is such an important item that I think a lot of us forget about in our day to day life. It is SO crucial for us to protect our kiddos skin; daycare, dropping them off at their grandparents house, playdates, going to the park, playing in the backyard, you get the point.
Basically any time they may be going outside for awhile, they need to be protected.
I have had the hardest time finding a sunscreen that I love because it seems as though they all have yucky ingredients, or they aren't easy to apply. The kind I absolutely love is the AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50.
It goes on easy, is tear-free, sweat and water resistant for over an hour... and HYPOALLERGENIC! It is also free of parabens, phthalates, dyes and fragrance - definitely made for sensitive skin. BONUS: it also has the National Eczema seal of approval, so you know it's legit. I've been using this on my daughter since she was a baby, and I continue to be happy with it. Grab your twin pack of AVEENO® Baby CONTINUOUS PROTECTION Sunscreen Lotion with Broad Spectrum SPF 50 from Walmart, and use this $5 offer!
2. DIAPERS/PULL-UPS - We aren't potty trained yet, but I've found pull-ups to be so much easier for a quick standing up change rather than a diaper. But... sometimes you need a diaper. So I pack both!
3. ALL THE SNACKS - My daughter is picky (she gets it from her daddy, I'm sure of it!) so I basically have to bring at least 4 options. Cereal bars, dried fruit, applesauce pouches, crackers, and puffed popcorn are some of our favorites on the go.
4. WATER CUP - You never know when they're gonna want a drink, and if your kid is anything like mine you do NOT want to fall victim to a thirsty kid (think: the loudest scream you'll ever hear)
5. BOOKS - My sweet girl loves to "read." I always pack 2 books if we have several stops that day to keep her occupied.
6. NOTEPAD + PEN - I know you probably saw this and think I'm crazy to give my 2 year old a pen. But she is *most of the time* very responsible with it and likes to "take notes" in her notebook. This comes especially in handy at restaurants or doctor's appointments.
7. WIPES - I use baby wipes for EVERYTHING. Literally. Even for myself. Always have wipes!